Reform Radio x Sustainability
Reform Radio are proud to be prioritising sustainability and the environment, working towards being a carbon neutral radio broadcaster.
Reform believes that they have a responsibility to care for and protect the environment in which they operate in. The radio station is fully committed to improving environmental performance across all of their business activities, and will encourage business partners and members of the wider community to join them in this effort in recognising the key impacts to be in the areas of; energy use, raw material use, waste generation, emissions to air/water, water use, transport, procurement and refreshments.
Reform will strive to:
- Adopt the highest environmental standards in all areas of operation, meeting and exceeding all relevant legislative requirements.
- Assess our organisational activities and identify areas where we can minimise impacts.
- Minimise waste through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy.
- Purchase sustainable products wherever feasible [e.g. recycled, FSC or low environmental impact products and energy from renewable sources].
- Publicise our environmental position.
- Train employees in good environmental practice and encourage employee involvement in environmental action.
- Reduce risks from environmental, health or safety hazards for employees and others in the vicinity of our operations.
- Adopt an environmentally sound transport strategy
- Aim to include environmental and ethical considerations in investment decisions where appropriate.
- Assist in developing solutions to environmental problems. Continually assess the environmental impact of all our operations.
Reform’s action plan so far is as follows:
- We will be working with Daniel Jackson who is on our Advisory Board to ensure to implement all of our sustainability initiatives and review for news one. Daniel Jackson is the Ethical Awards winner 2015 and will be advising us on new and existing policies.
- Reform Radio has developed a series of action plans to supplement each of our environmental policy objectives. These can be found on www.reformradio.co.uk
- Reform Radio will periodically review performance.
- Reform Radio will now commit to Mondays being remote work only, extending past Covid – 19, to reduce our staff travel emissions by 20%.
- Reform Radio have committed to the Cycle To Work Scheme, supporting all staff who wish to access the scheme to more effectively cycle to work. Safe storage and showering facilities have been ensured to be accessible for all staff moving forward.